The annual Louis Roederer Champagne event is back for 2018. This event, in its fifth year, is always a sellout on the Wharekauhau calendar, and always a fun filled weekend of great wine, great people, and great cuisine.
The weekend begins with a unique dinner that partners specially selected Californian and New Zealand wines from the lodge owner’s private cellar – The California V New Zealand Wine War. These wines will be paired with a multi-course degustation menu crafted by lodge Executive Chef, Marc Soper.
Stroll up for a relaxing country breakfast the following morning, before doing as much or as little as you would like for the day. Rejoin us for the marquee Louis Roederer Champagne degustation dinner including the legendary Cristal Champagne, hosted by wine legend, Brett Newell, from EuroVintage, Roederer’s exclusive importers.
Two-night weekend rate: $3,995 including GST (15%)
· Two-nights accommodation in a Cottage Suite
· Evening pre-dinner drinks and canapes
· Friday night degustation dinner: “The annual California V New Zealand Wine War”. Communal long-table dinner
· Saturday night degustation dinner: “Louis Roederer Champagne Dinner” Communal long-table dinner
· Full country breakfast each day
· Late check out on the Sunday
ADD ON: A Burgundy and Cheese masterclass can be added to the weekend for $345 per person and will be hosted on the Saturday afternoon in the main lodge. Please advise on booking if you would like to partake in this wonderful opportunity. Please note this will only proceed with a minimum of 6 persons participating in the masterclass. Please advise the reservations team on making your booing if you would like to add this wonderful opportunity on.